Yale University, New Haven, CT, 2011
Bachelor of Arts in Political Science, Cumulative GPA: 3.20
- Varsity Football: I was inducted into the Hampshire Honor Society of National Football Foundation in 2012. I was also awarded Defensive Lineman of the Year in 2011 and participated in preseason rookie camp with the Baltimore Ravens in 2010.
- Delta Kappa Epsilon Fraternity: I was elected Philanthropy Chair and was a founding member of an Inter-Fraternity philanthropy council.
CERTIFICATIONS & LICENSES
Project Management Professional (PMP), PMI, January 2015
VA DPOR, Landscape Services Contractor (LSC), Class C Licensee
VA DPOR Home Improvement Contractor (HIC), Class C Licensee
MD Home Improvement Contractor (MHIC)
Mind-Body Fitness Coach, Spencer Institute, November 2014
Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM), PMI, February 2014
Certified Personal Trainer, National Academy of Sports Medicine, December 2012
First Aid/CPR/AED Certification, American Heart Association, March 2016
Strategic Planning· Project Management · Process Improvement · Business Development · Community Outreach · Team Building · Public Speaking · Research · Performance Coaching · Social Media Management · WordPress Design · Procurement Support
Tactical Land Care, Alexandria, VA; Owner; October 2016-Present
- Deliver environmentally conscious designs and services that empower property owners and managers to enlist their property in the fight against climate change.
Moran Strategy Group, Alexandria, VA; Managing Director; June 2015-Present
- Transformed a single-member LLC into a thriving consulting firm that provides businesses strategic planning, marketing services, and procurement support.
Apollo, Falls Church, VA; Account/Project Manager; March 2014-June 2015
- Led business development for hospitals and healthcare systems across the United States, including the VHA, efforts included meeting with CIO’s and submitting written proposals for enterprise solutions. I utilized Salesforce to track all interactions, ongoing projects, and pipeline.
- Oversaw accounting functions for managing current clients, including receiving purchase orders and sending invoices.
MicroTech; Vienna, VA; IDIQ Program Manager; February 2013-March 2014
- Managed teaming, pursuit and capture efforts for task orders on all of MicroTech’s Federal/Civilian IDIQ’s, GWAC’s, BPA’s, and MOA’s (GSA Schedule 70, 8(a) Stars II, FAA eFAST, FBI IT-SSS, FBI ITSC, DHS CDM).
- Completed required reporting requirements for all contract vehicles.
- Led capture efforts for new business using Shipley best-practices, while adhering to ISO 20000 Information Technology Service Management and ISO 9001:2008 Quality Management Systems guidelines. This included strategizing; responding to RFI’s; leveraging GovWin, FedMine, FPDS; and, coordinating proposal development.
- Implemented a repeatable technology-based process to improve partner communication, drive efficiency, and increase win-percentage.
- Implemented a corporate wellness program for colleagues.
Moran for Congress; Alexandria, VA; Field Director; May 2012-October 2012, June 2010-November 2010
- Designed an outreach field plan that engaged the community and carried out that plan, which involved making executive decisions; organizing logistics for campaign activities; managing staff, interns, and volunteers; and, recruiting, training, and motivating new volunteers.
- Maintained an ongoing schedule of community events within Alexandria, Arlington, and Fairfax, VA, which required developing an extensive knowledge of the Northern Virginia.
- Collaborated with other campaigns, and simultaneously served as Political Director of the Arlington Young Democrats and Deputy Vice-Chair of Outreach for the Alexandria Democratic Committee.
Deloitte, Federal Government Relations; Washington, DC; Intern Staff Associate; June 2010-November 2010, May 2009-July 2009
- Researched and prepared memorandums for Congressional Budgets, healthcare, transportation infrastructure, cybersecurity, and defense spending.
- Analyzed how the Obama Administration’s foreign policy proposals could be accomplished by cooperation between non-profit NGO’s, business, and government leaders.
CHARITABLE ACTIVITIES & COMMUNITY LEADERSHIP
International Spirit of Healing, Alexandria, VA; Executive Director; October 2015-December 2016
- Led a reorganization of the non-profit organization to improve accountability and transparency.
- Implemented accounting best-practices, including the use of Xero accounting software.
- Instituted better governance to increase board participation and internal controls.
Fitizen; Alexandria, VA/New Haven, CT; Founder; January 2013-Present
- Applied PMI and Six Sigma best practices to manage an ongoing contract with Yale-New Haven Health System to provide holistic fitness classes.
- Led workshops to large and small groups, including a company of the Maryland National Guard resulting in an improved Physical Fitness Test pass-rate.
- Lead small group and personal training to help clients achieve their personal health goals.
- Coordinated the Exempt Status lifecycle including drafting organization documents such as Articles of Incorporation, Bylaws, Strategic plans, Membership agreements, and IRS Form 1023.
Alexandria Citizen Corps Council: MRC Representative, November 2015-Present; Chair, January 2018-Present
- Implement city-wide initiatives that improve public health and community health preparedness.
Virginia Medical Reserve Corps (MRC); Alexandria, VA; January 2013-Present
- Utilize the National Incident Response Framework (NIMS) and Incident Command System (ICS) to support Community Health Initiatives.